Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
Fred Zackel
Connoisseur
Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: none
Aloha from the cornfields of Ohio!

Hello.

My name is Fred Zackel. I am a published novelist, and I have several books available through Kindle. Some of those are being self-published for the first time this year.

I write mostly mystery/thrillers. I started out writing PI novels, and gradually I am expanding that into ... well, I am not sure what. One of my shorter pieces is hard-boiled sci fi action adventure.

I have written three novels set in San Francisco and one in Hawaii. I have a couple high-powered shorter pieces of fiction also available. I have a novel about "romancing a throne" in the ancient pagan world. Oh, and I have a nonfiction book about the history and the psychology of God also available. (And I understand that's probably the last time I can mention it here.)

I have a new novel at my NY agent now. That should go make the rounds this summer, god willing. And I am currently writing two novels in tandem. Both are thrillers with sci fi twists and turns. Oh, and, yes, I am writing my first "vampire-like critter" in a short story called "The Blonde in the Red Corvette."

I have been writing forever ... well, for several Presidents' terms of office, anyway. However I am very new to the ebook and the ebook forums. So forgive me for ... whatever it is I will do next.

I have taught writing, literature, & the humanities in academia for almost twenty years now. I am lousy at literary theory, so no one here will be be forced to listen to any.

I am a firm believer that good writing and good storytelling sell books. I hope that you will discover my writing is both.

I cannot promise I will always be well-behaved. But I am (somewhat) paper-trained. And I learn sorta fast.

So thank you for letting me introduce myself.

Good luck & best wishes to all.
Fred Zackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hi Fred, and Name:  Wooden_welcome.gif
Views: 172
Size:  11.6 KB to Mobileread.

Nice intro. I think you'll fit in just fine around here.

Well shucks. I'd love to stick around and talk to you a bit, but gotta run at the moment.

By the way, I love mystery/thrillers. Are your books avaliable in anything besides the Kindle format? I have a Sony and don't enjoy reading books on my computer screen.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

Akron here living in CA atm.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
Fred Zackel
Connoisseur
Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Fred Zackel is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

I am very new ... and thus only on Kindle. I do think I will also be on the Nook this summer.

But thank you for asking.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Fred and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hi Fred and welcome to MobileRead. Thanks for a great introduction post.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:58 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
"I cannot promise I will always be well-behaved. But I am (somewhat) paper-trained. And I learn sorta fast." [paper-trained !!!!!]

Welcome Fred, with a great introduction like that we expect big things from you .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
Fred Zackel
Connoisseur

Thank you, Lady Blue, happy_terd, Javed, cassidym, and GeoffC,

Look for my books over in the authors' forum. I'm slowly putting up threads on them. I hope you enjoy the threads. I also hope to be excerpting stuff from them, including recipes, sex scenes, fist fights, and sadistic robots. (Well, maybe not all that, but ...)

And I am hoping that this Sunday (or the next one) I will be able to provide a link to a just-published silly "crime poem" for everyone who likes mysteries & thrillers & detectives. I THINK it'll pop up this Sunday (or the next one.)

But please stop by here and see if I have it ready.

Best wishes & good luck.

Fred
Old 06-19-2010, 02:56 AM   #9
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote