Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Nickster
Nickster began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Help -- no audio from Kobo Vox speaker

I received my new Kobo Vox last Friday, Nov 4. I went through the whole setup and updates, but noticed no sound was coming from the speaker. When I plug in a headset, I do get sound.

I made sure the software settings were set properly, and I even pressed the factory reset button twice.

I contacted customer support twice this week, but their senior team hasn't replied to me yet.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I would hate to have to replace it.

Thanks,
-Nickster
Nickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster View Post
I received my new Kobo Vox last Friday, Nov 4. I went through the whole setup and updates, but noticed no sound was coming from the speaker. When I plug in a headset, I do get sound.

I made sure the software settings were set properly, and I even pressed the factory reset button twice.

I contacted customer support twice this week, but their senior team hasn't replied to me yet.

Does anyone know how to solve this? I would hate to have to replace it.

Thanks,
-Nickster

This may sound silly, but you haven't muted the sound, have you?
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
Nickster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftheworld View Post
This may sound silly, but you haven't muted the sound, have you?
The sound is not muted, no. Sound comes through fine if I plug in a headset; the volume controls are fine as well.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
syncmaster
syncmaster began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickster View Post
The sound is not muted, no. Sound comes through fine if I plug in a headset; the volume controls are fine as well.
I got mine on Oct 28 and had the same problem. Customer Support told me to return it to Future Shop. I have still not replace mine as I am waiting to see if someone figures out how to install the Android Market or depending on what kind of deals I will be able to find online on Black Friday.
syncmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:43 AM   #5
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
This sounds like a problem that some people had on the Pocket Edge.
See this thread. Seems some app was muting the voice call volume, which is not in settings on the PE (and probably not on the Vox either). This would mute the speaker, but not the headphones. The fix was to install Elixier, and unmute it from there. If this doesn't work, then you've got a hardware problem.
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #6
Nickster

Thanks for the suggestion, 5thWiggle. I downloaded the app, but the Kobo Vox wouldn't recognize it. I've decided to return the product.

Thanks again,
-Nickster