Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 11:29 PM   #1
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
Is Anyone Else Having Kobo Store Issues?

A few days ago, I tried to buy a book from the Kobo store but just got an error page and no book (although I was charged for it). Managed to resolve that with Kobo tech support, but today when I bought a book, I again got an error page at the end of the process (although the book did show up in my account).

As an added wrinkle, the book I had issues buying a few days ago has now mysteriously vanished from my Kobo and from the "purchased" section of my account. Naturally this happens the one time I don't backup the epub.

Has anyone else run into purchasing issues these last few days?
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
exNookie
exNookie has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch
I tried buying a book on Nov 18. I got charged 2 times and never received the download. I called customer service and was told I would hear back from them or receive an email within 2-3 days. I haven't heard a thing.

Wow. I now understand why so many customers are pissed off.
exNookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 05:07 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
exNookie--have you done any other follow-up, for example, posting about this on getsatisfaction.com/kobo, calling back, or writing to Kobo Customer care at help@kobobooks.com ?

Although Kobo staff often post here, MR is not an official support forum for Kobo.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
exNookie

Besides logging an issue and getting a number with Kobo CSR, I have replied to them a couple of times via email.

I am only out $15 right now, so I will give them another week or two to resolve the issue through normal channels. If I make no progress I will then try the getsatisfaction site.

Thanks.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
exNookie

The issue with their online store has something to do with the credit card numbers I think.

Before I buy again, I will see if I can delete my existing credit card information and enter it again. I wonder if anyone else has tried this approach.
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
My only problem is that the books I'm interested in all show up with the wrong tax rates (I'm in Alberta and it trys to tack on HST)

So as a result I've gone elsewhere (Reported it and heard back that they were looking at it, but as of today I still see HST on SOME books (penguin publishing it seems))
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:01 AM   #7
exNookie

Kobo resolved my issue after 3 weeks a few polite emails. I'm a happy camper.

Maybe their customer service is improving
Old 12-05-2011, 01:14 AM   #8
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
No, but the POS keeps resetting it's f'ing self every so many weeks that it's a REAL PITA. No wonder Borders went under aligning themselves with a halfwit company like Kobo!

Half the f'ing time it won't even register page freaking turns, and then does something even more moronic like deciding to entirely FORGET everything and pseudo wipe itself, the damned thing is a useless POS!
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #9
barebones
barebones began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo has my vote for the worst service of any company I even dealt with. I have regrets about not buying my next reader from Amazon, where I can say without exception the service has been flawless.

I feel your pain.
barebones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:21 AM   #10
cutterjohn42
Addict
cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cutterjohn42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm IIIx, EBM-911, REB-1100(dead), PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by barebones View Post
Kobo has my vote for the worst service of any company I even dealt with. I have regrets about not buying my next reader from Amazon, where I can say without exception the service has been flawless.

I feel your pain.
B&N Touch will be mine as I despise Amazon generally... and Sony is GROSSLY overpriced although all of these will work as advertised UNLIKE a Kobo product...
cutterjohn42 is offline   Reply With Quote