Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #1
geordiejohn
Zealot
geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
how to use 2 kindles on Calibre

Hello i have my kindle and i have also been using my wifes cousins kindle to add books,but when i connect my kindle after using her cousins all i can see is her library,is there any way of seeing what is on my kindle please?
thank you.
geordiejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I am a bit confused - when you plug in a Kindle you should be shown (in the device view at least) what is on that specific Kindle. The library view will always show what books are in the current Calibre library with the onDevice column indicating which books also appear to be on the currently connected Kindle.

I am also not quite sure what problem you are trying to solve? Presumably tracking what books are on what Kindle? Calibre does not normally track devices so if you want a permanently visible way of telling what is on a device even when it is not connected you have to take some actions to achieve this.

What is possible is to create a custom column and populate that with appropriate values. Another approach is to use special values in the tags colum.

A different approach is to use the Reading List plugin to maintain lists of what is on each device. That has the advantage that it can also be used to queue up books for the next sync of that device.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
geordiejohn
Zealot
geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geordiejohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i think the Reading List plugin is what i am looking for.
thank you.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
geordiejohn
Zealot

i have looked but i cannot find the reading list plugin?
i have also downloaded the find duplicates zip file but i can not see it when i go to toolbar when device is connected/.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
When you install plugins for the first time, a screen appears asking you which toolbar(s)/menu(s) you want the plugin to appear on. There are different toolbars for when a device is connected vs when it is not.

Go to Preferences -> Toolbars to customise the relevant toolbar(s).

When you say "cannot find" the Reading list plugin, do you mean you installed it and now cant find it on a toolbar for instance? Again, Preferences -> Toolbars is your friend. To install it in the first place, it is available from the Plugin Updater via the Preferences arrow dropdown of Get plugins or via Preferences -> Plugins.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
geordiejohn
Zealot

ok thank you.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 AM   #7
geordiejohn
Zealot

i have seen in the calibre manual that i can have more than 1 library enabling me to use 2 kindles,it says click on the calibre icon on the toolbar,but i cannot see an icon for calibre?
thank you.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiejohn View Post
i have seen in the calibre manual that i can have more than 1 library enabling me to use 2 kindles,it says click on the calibre icon on the toolbar,but i cannot see an icon for calibre?
thank you.
The (Choose Library) Icon is books, spine out.
You do still have Icons on your tool bar?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #9
geordiejohn
Zealot

thank you all ok now.