display:block;
float:left;
font-size: 5em;
line-height:0.8em;
color:#bf253c;
font-weight:normal;
padding-right: 8px
}

When I use font-family:SerpentisBlack; or any other font that I have loaded into the Fonts folder, it gets ignored in the text.

If I use a standard font i.e. font-family: "Comic Sans MS"; it works

.first-letter {
font-family: "Comic Sans MS";
display:block;
float:left;
font-size: 5em;
line-height:0.8em;
color:#bf253c;
font-weight:normal;
padding-right: 8px
}
increase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #2
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Have you added an @font-face entry to the css?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2020, 10:37 AM   #3
increase
Connoisseur
increase began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Yes I did try that to no effect, do I add it like this
@font-face {
font-family: SerpentisBlack;
}

in addition to my .first-letter brace?
Old 02-27-2020, 10:42 AM   #4
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The full entry should look like this:

@font-face {
font-family: 'SerpentisBlack';
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url('../Fonts/SerpentisBlack.ttf');
}

Or .otf at the end, if it's an otf font.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #5
increase
Connoisseur
increase began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Ah that's it thank ypu
Advert
Old 02-27-2020, 10:48 AM   #6
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

There's actually a Sigil plugin that adds these entries automatically for all the fonts you add to the Fonts folder.
Old 02-27-2020, 10:50 AM   #7
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=247431

Number 8 on the list.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:25 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Just to clarify and recap; this had nothing to do with Sigil. This was incorrect epub coding/font embedding in general. The only reason Comic Sans was working was because it was available in your system fonts. It wouldn't have worked on any reader that didn't have Comic Sans available.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote