Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
ElectroLiterate
PseudoLiterate
ElectroLiterate began at the beginning.

Device: KindleDX
Unemployed Library Technician Greetings!

Greetings Brothers and Sisters,

A birthday present (KDX Graphite) from a Dearly Beloved Saintly Angel of a Spouse has dropped me square in the middle of the world of the Electro-Literati.

My chief status is Unemployed Library Information/ A/V Media Technician.
If anyone has any job leads in the Lehigh Valley Area, I'd be much obliged.

All of Reality is a Cosmic University where literacy is of tremendous value.

I read that somewhere.

Live Long and Prosper

David ElectroLiterate
ElectroLiterate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi David and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2011, 04:41 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, David. Can't offer you a job, I'm afraid, but I can offer a warm welcome to the group. Happy Kindling and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread ….

Do pop into the Kindle Forum for all the tips and tricks.

I hope you don't blame us for the 'unemployed' title
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Welcome to MobileRead!

I'm also an unemployed person in the library sciences. It's a rough market out there right now!
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #6
ElectroLiterate
PseudoLiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post

I hope you don't blame us for the 'unemployed' title
Not at all, friend. My work in an academic medical library never got near eReaders. Medicine is so godsamned conservative, even w/r/t technology.
Esp. so in the HIPPA era.

I told an inquiring librarian many years ago that I was working myself out of a job and, one way or another, it happened over a year ago. I'd love to work for a real library rather than the procrustean, Luddite and pedantic one that employed me.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #7
ElectroLiterate
PseudoLiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Welcome to MobileRead!

I'm also an unemployed person in the library sciences. It's a rough market out there right now!
I am sorry to hear that, B. I blame eReaders!

Seriously, if there's any value in networking, let me know what I can do for you. I see jobs above my station in the Library Caste System more than my base of the pyramid grunt job.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #8
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroLiterate View Post
I am sorry to hear that, B. I blame eReaders!

Seriously, if there's any value in networking, let me know what I can do for you. I see jobs above my station in the Library Caste System more than my base of the pyramid grunt job.
I'll certainly let you know if I see anything in the Lehigh Valley area. I applied for a job last night at a local college. We'll see what happens.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote