Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-03-2021, 03:49 PM   #1
L-MR
L-MR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Post Hello to all

I hope you will help me a lot.
...In return, since I am not an expert, I just will thank you.
I have two ereaders.

Kobo Glo HD:

I have a Kobo Glo HD. It cannot be accessed via USB anymore. In fact, it is not recognized by the PC. I wonder if that is a COMMON KOBO FAILURE.
Therefore, initially I could not upload it with new books from my PC. In addition, as KOBO recommended me a fresh start, by doing it, lost all old books. I was to through the thing away to the wastebasket, except that suddenly, I discovered an opened backdoor to upload books from the PC (as converted by Calibre) by wifi (not a standard feature of KOBO as it is with PocketBook, I suppose just to press you to buy KOBO´s library books). I do not dare to publish it openly so that anyone thinks of closing it.
The sleep cover I bought is absolutely destroyed, it appears as a beggar’s e-reader with all my respect and compassionate for them.
Good things of the KOBO: dictionaries are great (I did prefer the previous Merry and Webster for castellan Spanish- Spanish over the current Larousse, but I admit the latter to be better for other Hispanic Spanish
Otherwise, I did not authorize it previously with ADE, so I cannot use it to read public library borrowed books...therefore, I decided to buy a new e-reader, but no more KOBOS this time.

PocketBook (PB) Touch 3 HD:
Initially it results alien the way to pass pages (if not using the appropriate buttons) and the use of the dictionary as compared to the KOBO, but after a while you get used to it.
With the PB you can upload books from any source by using an specific e-mail address (send to PB), Dropbox, or via USB, etc..
The only thing, I am not happy about, are that western languages dictionaries are very substandard (I suppose very good for easter ones, including Russian); that´s something to improve (I am looking for a better “.dic” which I hope it would be easy to install).
Also, the translation of the displays as well as the User Manual to Spanish lack precision.
And that´s all, I hope it would have been read by someone with interest.
L-MR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:00 PM   #2
Cedros
Enthusiast
Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara; Kobo H20v2; Kobo Glo HD;
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-MR View Post
I hope you will help me a lot.
...In return, since I am not an expert, I just will thank you.
I have two ereaders.

Kobo Glo HD:

I have a Kobo Glo HD. It cannot be accessed via USB anymore. In fact, it is not recognized by the PC. I wonder if that is a COMMON KOBO FAILURE.
Therefore, initially I could not upload it with new books from my PC. In addition, as KOBO recommended me a fresh start, by doing it, lost all old books. I was to through the thing away to the wastebasket, except that suddenly, I discovered an opened backdoor to upload books from the PC (as converted by Calibre) by wifi (not a standard feature of KOBO as it is with PocketBook, I suppose just to press you to buy KOBO´s library books). I do not dare to publish it openly so that anyone thinks of closing it.
The sleep cover I bought is absolutely destroyed, it appears as a beggar’s e-reader with all my respect and compassionate for them.
Good things of the KOBO: dictionaries are great (I did prefer the previous Merry and Webster for castellan Spanish- Spanish over the current Larousse, but I admit the latter to be better for other Hispanic Spanish
Otherwise, I did not authorize it previously with ADE, so I cannot use it to read public library borrowed books...therefore, I decided to buy a new e-reader, but no more KOBOS this time.

PocketBook (PB) Touch 3 HD:
Initially it results alien the way to pass pages (if not using the appropriate buttons) and the use of the dictionary as compared to the KOBO, but after a while you get used to it.
With the PB you can upload books from any source by using an specific e-mail address (send to PB), Dropbox, or via USB, etc..
The only thing, I am not happy about, are that western languages dictionaries are very substandard (I suppose very good for easter ones, including Russian); that´s something to improve (I am looking for a better “.dic” which I hope it would be easy to install).
Also, the translation of the displays as well as the User Manual to Spanish lack precision.
And that´s all, I hope it would have been read by someone with interest.
Hello, and I'm sorry you're having problems with your Kobo Glo HD. Do you have the Kobo desktop app on your PC? If you do, try opening it and then plugging in your Kobo via USB. The desktop app should sync with your reader and update it to the latest software. It should be possible to authorize your reader with Adobe digital editions while it's plugged in. Check your library to see if you can download the Libby app, so that you can use that instead of ADE to add Overdrive books to your reader. These suggestions might not help--I'm not an expert user. Good luck with it all!
Cedros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert