Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-03-2022, 07:37 AM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
remote selection box (up/down) in Search

When in text editor of calibre, when using F3 Search, the selection boxes now appear higher up on the screen instead of being right there where I click. For example, when I select at the bottom for Up/Down or Current File the selection choices are at top of screen. Is there a way to change this? Best regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2022-09-03 06-27-17.png
Views:	115
Size:	563.8 KB
ID:	196250  
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 10:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you using Wayland on Linux? THis looks like on of the typical Qt on Wayland context menu positioning bugs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2022, 07:47 AM   #3
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for quick reply. I tried out uncommenting /etc/gdme/dustom.conf #WaylandEnable=false and also tried WaylandEnable=true. I got a total lockup on login screen and had to Ctrl-Alt-F1 my way out of it. Not sure what I'm doing, but screen loading seemed slower (?) I went back to living with the bug. I do not know the ins and outs of the details of either Wayland or Xorg. Best regards, Pop
Old 09-05-2022, 09:59 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can prevent Qt from using wayland with the environment variable

QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 02:52 PM   #5
rjwse@aol.com
Addict

If I run export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb from the terminal and then run calibre from the terminal that fixes the problem.
However, if I run export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb in the terminal then run calibre from the menu the problem persists. The trick is to run calibre from the terminal.
The other visual cue I have is that I placed the window closer/resizer on the left, but when running caliber from menu it remains on right.
Thank you for your help, Best regards, Pop
Advert