Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 02-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Warning pop up boxes

So you all know the system pop up boxes that occur when you need to say choose the default program to execute a task. Well I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed that the boxes are white along with the text, making it very difficult to read. This isn't an issue when there is an app icon next to the text, but I'm having the issue in EZpdf reader, and choosing which chapter to go to in this lengthy paper is proving more than difficult. This has been like this since I took my Vox out of the box, before any 'tweaking'. Anyway, anyone know of a system setting to change the box or text default colour?

Cheers

Update:

Here's a few screenshots of it happening. When I select an option, the text changes to a light grey and is visible on the white background, but of course that selects what ever I have pressed. As indicated above, this is not an issue when the icons are present, but in the case of EZpdf reader, it makes jumping around large 1300 page documents a pain

p.s. if you tilt your monitor back, it's possible to view the text beside the page numbers in the PDF screenshot

Cheers again

Last edited by Kboland; 02-15-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
I think I have seen a similar thing, thought it might have been the app

loaded up overdrive last week, and a pop up appeared, the text area was blank, and it has a yes/no at the bottom

it should have been informing me a software update was available and do I want to install it, but I couldnt read the text
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
thought it might have been the app
Don't think it's the app, as mine has done it from day one, right after installing Dolphin Browser HD from GetJar, and giving me a system popup to choose the default browser. Can anyone do a test by say clearing the default actions for a 3rd party browser/launcher then choosing to launch something? I'm just curious if it's the same on other Vox units...man I was in Chapters yesterday too. Should have tried it there

Cheers
Old 02-15-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
I think I have seen a similar thing, thought it might have been the app

loaded up overdrive last week, and a pop up appeared, the text area was blank, and it has a yes/no at the bottom

it should have been informing me a software update was available and do I want to install it, but I couldnt read the text
LOL, oh that's what that was! I think I chose yes once and a web browser page loaded on the Overdrive site. I closed the browser. I didn't know what was going on, as I was trying to use Overdrive to go download a library book that I had placed a hold on. Next time, I'll let the app update.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
Kboland
Zealot

So I heard back from Kobo help ----> https://getsatisfaction.com/kobo/top...kground-104m42

Unfortunately it seems as though I'm getting the "canned response"run around.
Advert