Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-20-2013, 12:20 AM   #1
Enraptured
Connoisseur
Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Touch
Nook Touch freezes when wi-fi is on

For the past few months or so I've been having problems with my Nook Touch whenever the wi-fi is on. At first the problem was minimal - it would lock up for a few seconds every few page turns. But now it's at the point where if I leave the wi-fi on for more than a couple of minutes, the reader has to be restarted. Nothing about my internet connection has changed, so I figure it has to be the device itself. Could it be the related to the amount of books I have on the Nook? The memory is almost entirely full.

Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know of a way to fix it? It's at the point now where buying a book from a different store and manually transferring it is less hassle than buying the book from B&N, which is just silly.
Enraptured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:08 AM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Definitely try clearing books off the reader. If you haven't already, remove DRM and back them up externally. Try that first.

I guess there is an option to do a soft and / or hard reset of the device too, which will re-format the memory. That would be stage 2 and / or 3 after clearing the books off.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I do not think this is a memory problem.
Does your Wifi connection still work okay? Are new books downloaded to the Nook?

Is the firmware version of your Nook already 1.2.1? If not, perhaps this is a firmware update problem.
If the firmware version is not 1.2.1 try doing a manual update to 1.2.1 to see if that solves the problem.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #4
Enraptured
Connoisseur
Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Enraptured has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook Touch
New books get downloaded, but slowly. And occasionally the Nook will freeze before a book can finish downloading.

No other device in the house is having connection problems, so I don't think it's my internet.

I have the latest firmware version, and in fact I think the problem may have started when I downloaded the update. The problem developed so gradually, though, that I'm not certain.
Enraptured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:42 AM   #5
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enraptured View Post
New books get downloaded, but slowly. And occasionally the Nook will freeze before a book can finish downloading.

No other device in the house is having connection problems, so I don't think it's my internet.

I have the latest firmware version, and in fact I think the problem may have started when I downloaded the update. The problem developed so gradually, though, that I'm not certain.
You could try to use the "erase and deregister" option (in settings\device info). This often solves all kind of problems.
But this will delete all your content, so you will have to download everything again.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert