Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
S Livingston
Connoisseur
S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle
Facebook Author Pages

Hi everyone, this thread is for posting your facebook author page links. It may be useful to increase the number of readers that LIKE your page. Here's mine to start us off:

http://www.facebook.com/stephen.m.livingston

Best wishes, Stephen Livingston.
S Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Not created one of those yet... is that something anyone can do?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
S Livingston
Connoisseur
S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!S Livingston is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Yes, anyone who has a facebook profile can set up a facebook page.
S Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I made one yesterday but I don't really know what to do with it. Is it like Myspace where you just add random people as "friends" ?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #5
AkumaTakeshi
Lounge Lurker
AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AkumaTakeshi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi (Screen Broken)
Those pages are a special kind of page. Like I have a personal facebook, that one has my friends and random people and such.

But the particular page layout that S Livingston linked is labeling him as an Author, the same exists for companies, musicians, models, etc. Than all the people that like that particular Author will " Like" it, a way to say that's good. And the author can upload all the events, information and such regarding his books. And all the people that liked it will receive updates from that author.

Hope that helps.
AkumaTakeshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
randyflycaster
Zealot
randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350
How do we direct readers to our Facebook page?
Randy
randyflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #7
HighRoadToTibet
John Dwyer
HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HighRoadToTibet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

High Road To Tibet Facebook page

Not strictly an author page but here's my facebook page for my book. I felt that I'd like to keep my own personal profile for friends and use this page for book promotions, etc. Just my own way of doing it.
John

[Self-promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-18-2011 at 12:10 PM.
HighRoadToTibet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My Facebook author page:
http://www.facebook.com/RussellPhillipsBooks

It's been there for a while. Tip: once you have enough people liking it (I don't know how many, but I've got 32, so it can't be a lot), you can go to https://www.facebook.com/username/ and change the username, which will mean that you get a nicer URL.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:08 PM   #9
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
My Facebook author page:

It's been there for a while. Tip: once you have enough people liking it (I don't know how many, but I've got 32, so it can't be a lot), you can go to https://www.facebook.com/username/ and change the username, which will mean that you get a nicer URL.
Pretty sure its 25
Old 07-27-2011, 08:29 PM   #10
Davidpf
Davidpf began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post
How do we direct readers to our Facebook page?
Randy
If you have a blog or author website, you can put a 'fanbox' on your page. It's just some simple code that puts one of those boxes and 'like' buttons on your page. That's normally the best way. You can also put some information about your page on the last page of your books, etc.
Davidpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:29 AM   #11
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
My Facebook author page:

You also need to verify your account with a mobile phone number. NOT something I want to do. Don't want to give out my phone number to anyone.

I admin the author page for "Nicky Charles," http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nicky-...17412024968769. We only started the page two weeks ago, but it's coming along very nicely. WARNING do not enter unless you like romance/romantic suspense/paranormal romance!

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #12
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanG View Post
You also need to verify your account with a mobile phone number. NOT something I want to do. Don't want to give out my phone number to anyone.
I'm pretty sure I've never given Facebook my mobile number.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #13
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:

I admin the author page for "Nicky Charles," http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nicky-...17412024968769. We only started the page two weeks ago, but it's coming along very nicely. WARNING do not enter unless you like romance/romantic suspense/paranormal romance!

--JanG.
I have a named page for one of my other hobbies and have never given FB my number.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #14
JanG
Groupie
JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.JanG got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Laptop; Kobo Clara
When I click on the link given by VydorScope https://www.facebook.com/username/ which I had also tried to do when I set up Nicky's page, I get the following message:

"Before you can set your username, you need to verify your account.

If you have a mobile phone that can receive SMS messages, you can Verify via mobile phone. If not, please try to register your username at a later time."

FB will not let me go any further without entering my cell phone number, and it has to be a cell phone capable of receiving sms messages.

--JanG.
JanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:19 AM   #15
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
When I click on the link given by VydorScope https://www.facebook.com/username/ which I had also tried to do when I set up Nicky's page, I get the following message:

"Before you can set your username, you need to verify your account.

If you have a mobile phone that can receive SMS messages, you can Verify via mobile phone. If not, please try to register your username at a later time."

FB will not let me go any further without entering my cell phone number, and it has to be a cell phone capable of receiving sms messages.

--JanG.
I've never given fb my mobile number. Are you logged into fb? I was already logged in, and when I click the link it takes me to the correct page.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote