Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-21-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Kindle Freebie "Chinatown Beat" - was it unsolicited?

After browsing crime novels on Amazon's Kindle store last night, I downloaded "Philippine Fever" by Bruce Cook for $6.99 onto my iPad. The transaction went smoothly.

But then I noticed Amazon had sent me another ebook as well: "Chinatown Beat" by Henry Chang. This ebook is priced as $0.00. Usually, when I download freebies from Amazon, it appears in my account as a purchase of $0.00 and I get a confirming email, but this hasn't happened this time.

My question is... did Amazon send this unsolicited, in which case, thank you very much, Amazon. Or was it because I was on the internet at 1am in the morning and in a befuddled state, just pushed the wrong buttons?

Anyhow, I don't know how long it has been free but for what it's worth - "Chinatown Beat" by Henry Chang is a Kindle store freebie.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
My guess is that you clicked on the buttons while half asleep. There is another thread about the book here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...chinatown+beat
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 12:52 AM   #3
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
My guess is that you clicked on the buttons while half asleep. There is another thread about the book here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...chinatown+beat
Oh, I feel so dumb now. You're right - I downloaded Chinatown Beat before. I was so dopey from lack of sleep that I forgot I had done it.

I've gotta stop these marathon computer sessions and go to bed at a decent hour.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:45 AM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Don't feel too bad RCR, I also have lost track sometimes of what free books from Kindle I have downloaded (to my Kindle for PC application) on occasion. It's very easy to do. I think it's the fact that data doesn't weigh anything or take up measurable physical space that does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
Oh, I feel so dumb now. You're right - I downloaded Chinatown Beat before. I was so dopey from lack of sleep that I forgot I had done it.

I've gotta stop these marathon computer sessions and go to bed at a decent hour.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:54 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post

Don't you just hate it, when that happens, especially after you've made it public...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Hey, at least you were buying free books in your sleep ... weren't you?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote