Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #1
IgnareAcademy
Banned
IgnareAcademy is on a distinguished road

Device: Hanlin clone
Unstable BeBook becomes stable with a Nokia battery

As advised by some on the Support forum at mybebook.com, I bought a real original Nokia BL-5C battery, charged it, turned many pages, opened many books on my SD-card, and nothing bad happened: I was not throw out of books, I was not unwillingly sent away from the SD-card to the built-in storage,...

It really seems like everyone who has a Hanlin/clone should replace the crappy battery that ships with it.

I was using the latest lBook firmware from April. The OpenInkpot firmware was the only almost perfectly stable firmware with the previous battery. The latest lBook firmware was the second least unstable.

If you decide to buy this battery, be very careful: sometimes clones of the Nokia battery are advertised with the picture of the original Nokia battery. Type "original Nokia battery" BL-5C in google!

It cost me 20 euros. Not much compared to the 300 euros of the BeBook! And well worth it.
IgnareAcademy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
Nice to hear that. I have no such issue with my V3 device but then I'm running OpenInkPot exclusively since it's the only Free Software(http://www.fsf.org) firmware for it.
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I beg to differ: I have a Nokia battery as well, and it is still unstable. The problem really lies with the SD-card reader. Maybe you can have the illusion that it is less unstable at first, but sooner or later instability will raise its ugly head again. Using the Lbook without a card in the reader is the only way to have a stable reading experience...besides sending it back for repair.
Can the words Chinese and quality coexist in the same sentence? In a negative one, yes.

Last edited by Lbooker; 06-15-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:10 AM   #4
Lbooker
Addict
Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lbooker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
My latest observations: it is stable at 100% battery state.
A few percentages (number still to be determined) under 100% and it becomes unstable!
Jinke need to hire a Japanese electrical engineer! Shame on them!
And nothing on their site telling unstatisfied customers that they can send their Hanlin V3 back for free repair.
The Western media have talked about so many scandals related to China exporting dangerous products, too bad they did not talk about the dangerous for mental health Hanlin V3, which can turn reading into a nightmare.
Lbooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, nokia, stability, stable, unstable