Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-15-2022, 06:55 AM   #1
Krisskss
Krisskss began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Images are showing up small

Im an artist and I've bought photobooks from amazon, but I like to transfer them to calibre because kindle is slower and clunkier, but when I open the book on calibre everything except the cover image is really tiny. If I convert the book to a ZIP or PDF file the resolutions are fine but when I open it with the built in reader they are tiny.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/2DDACgq
Krisskss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 07:14 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You will need to check the code and have a look at the resolution of the images.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2022, 04:31 PM   #3
Krisskss
Krisskss began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You will need to check the code and have a look at the resolution of the images.
If I go into edit book it shows the resolution is fine, and like I mentioned the resolution of the images themselves when converted into a zip or pdf file is fine
Krisskss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 04:51 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Each device (or file type) can have a profile: you want Tablet (leaves the images as is).
Connect the device: Then on the device Icon: configure
Select the format: and adjust to taste
As well as the initial screen when converting previously converted books.

Note Preferences is the defaults for New (first time) conversion. Once converted, whatever settings that were used, is saved (folk may adjust per book)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 09:02 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
These will be fixed layout books, they are not supported in calibre. Extract the images into a zip file,m rename it to CBZ and view/convert the cbz in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2022, 10:08 PM   #6
Foozle
Connoisseur
Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I've seen this problem before. Look at the styles.css file. Delete ANYTHING that has 0 on it. width: 0, height: 0, etc. May be one whole line.
Foozle is offline   Reply With Quote