Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-13-2021, 07:37 PM   #1
tokjdm
tokjdm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Library wiped-out when plugging in Kindle

This is a Windows 10 issue: after the latest Windows 10 update, plugging in my Kindle resulted in blue screen of death and reboot. More problematically, the whole Calibre library has been wiped out: the folder is completely empty except for the startup guide. The files are not in the recycle bin. Anyway to recover the library ? (I know that the kindle plugin issue will need to wait for the next Windows 10 update)
tokjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 08:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I suspect your system made a new, Fresh, Default (named) Library.

Search your whole computer for Metadata.db
There should be 2 if my guess is correct.
1 Is in the mostly empty Library folder

THE OTHER LOCATION is the one you want. Note the path, THEN right-click the Library Icon: Switch/Create: USE EXISTING:<<point it to where you found the metadata.db>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2021, 08:19 PM   #3
tokjdm

Thank you for the quick reply. I will report if this worked.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:30 AM   #4
tokjdm

Thank you. It worked perfectly.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:14 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Back up your configuration folder. That is where User settings and plugins are kept, like what Locations and what is the current Library.

Metadata DB is where per Library settings are kept BUT that must be paired with the EXACT same file+folder set at the time as it must be 100% in sync with those items.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert