Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-19-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
Aliarides
Aliarides began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Correcting errors in author/series fields?

Hello all, thanks for your patience with a newb.
I'm getting more and more comfortable with using Calibre,but I'm stumped with this.

In the "edit metadata individually" window, how do I delete incorrect entries in the Author field? I have some typos, misspellings, and just wrong information that I would like to clear out. I see that I can delete series entries one at a time. Is there something similar for the author field?

Thank you
Aliarides
Aliarides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Aliarides - select everything in the Authors field (Ctrl+A) then hit the 'Del' key - do the same in the Author Sort field. If you OK it at that point then the book will show Authors as "Unknown". Otherwise just type the right name(s).

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2015, 08:09 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliarides View Post
Hello all, thanks for your patience with a newb.
I'm getting more and more comfortable with using Calibre,but I'm stumped with this.

In the "edit metadata individually" window, how do I delete incorrect entries in the Author field? I have some typos, misspellings, and just wrong information that I would like to clear out. I see that I can delete series entries one at a time. Is there something similar for the author field?

Thank you
Aliarides
You can delete Series (WARNING: this affects ALL books with that series name) from the Series entry in the Tag Browser

You cal also rename any tag, Author, Series... in the tag browser and all appropriate book are good to go. Rename will auto combine if the final value exists
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote