Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Device: touch
buying multiple books

Have had my touch for a week now. Replaced my old sony and so far enjoying using the touch. Only problem i have is when i buy books either on the device or at the website i cannot find a link to allow me to continue shopping after i select one book for purchase i have no choice but to go to the check out.
I find this strange especially when i am being emailed promo codes which i could use with a multiple purchase. Is it me?????

Cam i buy more than one book at a time??????????????
d.culloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Not just you. That's a feature that's been begged for by a quite a few people. At one time I think they said they were working on it, but it hasn't ever shown up yet.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.culloch View Post
Cam i buy more than one book at a time??????????????
Nope, just like Amazon and B&N, Kobo has you buy each book as a separate transaction.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Thanks for your quick response guys.
hope kobo rectify this.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #5
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
If you are trying to avoid credit card fees for multiple transactions you could purchase a gift card and then use the gift card to purchase your books. This way there is only 1 transaction on your credit card.

With the promotion codes - if they are valid for multiple uses then simply continue to reuse the code for your next purchase. If the code is only a single use code then it is only valid for one book.

Kobo does provide quite a lot of codes and the Kobobooks.com Discount Codes thread maintained by Goat which is normally on the first page is the place to find them. In the OP there are tips for getting multiple uses out of country specific codes.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
d.culloch
Derek

Thanks for the info.
The credit card fees never crossed my mind but it has now.