Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-21-2014, 10:31 PM   #1
slammerkin
Star-gazer
slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab3 (Retired Pandigital)
A way to detect ebooks on my tab3 that are NOT in calibre?

i know i can verify what books in calibre are also on my tablet, but (using only calibre on my pc) is it possible to do this in reverse? To check if there's books on my tablet that aren't in Calibre?

I have to send my tab3 in for repair service tomorrow, and I know there have been times I downloaded books directly to my Tab 3, so they never made it into Calibre. There's way too many on my tablet to try and check them against Calibre manually, but I don't want to lose any ebooks I put directly on the tablet- I want to back them up in Calibre, so I don't lose them, & can re-add them with the rest when I get the tab back.

I do not have the Calibre App on my tab3, & I don't have the scratch to buy the app at the moment, so I'm only using Calibre on my laptop. Will happily buy the Calibre Companion when I get the tab back though, but in the interim...

Any info would be hugely appreciated
slammerkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:13 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Connect your tablet to calibre using the cable. Let it scan etc until it is done. You will now have a "Device" icon on your tool bar. Click that icon to switch to the "Books on the device" view then search for inlibrary:false. You will get a list of books that calibre was unable to match to books in your calibre library.

For completeness, the search inlibrary:true will list all the books that calibre was able to match with books in your library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
slammerkin
Star-gazer
slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.slammerkin 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab3 (Retired Pandigital)
Thank you so much!
slammerkin is offline   Reply With Quote