Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
Not_A_Crook
Which way is up?
Not_A_Crook has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Nook, Alphasmart Neo (word processor, Viable document reader.)
Exclamation For those scratching their heads at my device... (Alphasmart)

(NOTE TO READERS: I highly advise anyone who not familiar to the alphasmart LCD typing device, to search on wikipedia, I cannot paste on the wii.)

I have at least three to almost four years of experience with Alphasmart, I've only used both the 3000 model I've borrowed from school on a semester basis, and I currently own a Neo system 3.5 from 05-08.

Now I've called this thing a viable document reader, mainly for it's wide and "line focus" friendly LCD.

Anyone who hasn't bothered looking it up, don't go farther than this:

To ANYONE WHO HAD/HAS AN ALPHASMART, do you think there would be an application released that will make reading possible on the alphasmart via read-only?

I would call a format for e-books on the alphasmart ASRO. (AlphaSmart Read-Only)

Makes sense to me since you could not read thirty minutes worth of text on a single document without eventually hitting a key by mistake.

Dramatization for an E-reader app by Alphasmart:

"Introducing ASRO, the new e-reader program that helps you focus on text per-line, each book will be read to the advantage of improving your focus per-single-line and paragraph."

Anyway, this thread is mostly for those who are familiar with the dedicated LCD typewriter.

Last edited by Not_A_Crook; 12-14-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Not_A_Crook is offline   Reply With Quote