Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-29-2024, 12:25 AM   #496
ext23
ext23 began at the beginning.

Device: Hisense A9
I just installed LinageOS on my Hisense A9!

You guys graciously helped me get the play/pause button functionality working on the A9 here:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader-base/pull/1650

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
On github

The patch: https://github.com/koreader/koreader-base/pull/1650

Goes live when it reaches https://github.com/koreader/koreader. If you're running nightlies you can get it the night/day after it goes live
...but with Lineage, the functionality of the e-ink button on the device has changed again (single press to refresh screen, double press to bring up the screen refresh settings overlay).

I'd still like the button to function as single press for play/pause, and double press to skip track. Is this possible!?!

EDIT: I was able to do it with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...er&hl=en&gl=US

But that's a paid app, so I'm wondering if it could be hard-wired into Koreader somehow?

Last edited by ext23; 05-29-2024 at 01:01 AM.
ext23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2024, 02:54 PM   #497
abraum
Enthusiast
abraum began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet
I tried KOReader on my Tablet and Phone both with LineageOS. I've never used something else than scrolling mode on other ebook readers. But that doesn't work very well with KOReader. When i start scrolling nothing happens first the scrolling is starting. Is this a problem with KOReader or my devices?
abraum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2024, 06:05 PM   #498
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ext23 View Post
...but with Lineage, the functionality of the e-ink button on the device has changed again (single press to refresh screen, double press to bring up the screen refresh settings overlay).

I'd still like the button to function as single press for play/pause, and double press to skip track. Is this possible!?!
AFAIK nope, sorry.

The code that forwards media events to the system lies in https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L173-L208, so it is never received on the frontend.

We can only remap key events that we receive. That could be the case with your buttons on LineageOS, but you'll need to write your custom stuff somewhere to fake a media key event on response to those codes (if that's even possible, I guess so). So, yep, better handled elsewhere
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 06:39 AM   #499
Rémi Ozene
Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad lite 970
I am waiting to receive a "Pocketbook Eo" e-reader, purchased on Amazon, which runs on Android with access to the Playstore. The purpose of my purchase is to be able to read, on a big screen, even in direct sunlight, language learning manuals in searchable PDF format, without redistribution, using Stardict dictionaries. For this it seems I have two solutions, either combine GoldenDict and Moon+Reader or use the Android version of Koreader. I see on Koreader's Github release site that there are 2 files to download: koreader-android-arm-v2024.04.apk 31.1 MB and koreader-android-arm64-v2024.04.apk 32.5 MB Which of these two packages should I use for installation directly from and to the “Pocketbook Eo” reader? Does the Android version of Koreader, on this “Pocketbook Eo” present more interest or less risk of bugs, compared to the GoldenDict / Moon+Reader association, for this use?
Rémi Ozene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 12:34 PM   #500
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rémi Ozene View Post
I am waiting to receive a "Pocketbook Eo" e-reader, purchased on Amazon, which runs on Android with access to the Playstore. The purpose of my purchase is to be able to read, on a big screen, even in direct sunlight, language learning manuals in searchable PDF format, without redistribution, using Stardict dictionaries. For this it seems I have two solutions, either combine GoldenDict and Moon+Reader or use the Android version of Koreader. I see on Koreader's Github release site that there are 2 files to download: koreader-android-arm-v2024.04.apk 31.1 MB and koreader-android-arm64-v2024.04.apk 32.5 MB Which of these two packages should I use for installation directly from and to the “Pocketbook Eo” reader? Does the Android version of Koreader, on this “Pocketbook Eo” present more interest or less risk of bugs, compared to the GoldenDict / Moon+Reader association, for this use?
If you find Moon+ useable then it is easier to stick with it. You can dig in alternative software later, if/when you realize the limitations of Moon+.

Also consider Librera: it was purposelly built for android, it is well mantained, it is free and it doesn't suck, which is a lot for an ereader application.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 06:10 PM   #501
Rémi Ozene
Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Rémi Ozene could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad lite 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
If you find Moon+ useable then it is easier to stick with it. You can dig in alternative software later, if/when you realize the limitations of Moon+.

Also consider Librera: it was purposelly built for android, it is well mantained, it is free and it doesn't suck, which is a lot for an ereader application.
Thank you for your advice, I installed the Librera Android application without difficulty from the Playstore, on my new Android Pocketbook Inkpad Eo ereader, which works perfectly and quickly with large PDF searchable, files without any redistribution, from Archive .org while retaining the formatting of the publisher's book, with the possibility of zooming and where reading becomes a pleasure by its speed. However, I bought Moon+Reader, directly on the Playstore whose interface I prefer. On the other hand, I was unable to purchase the latest paid Android apk version 1.7.2 of GoldenDict, no email being sent to me to validate, while the free version 1.6.8 nevertheless worked. By searching on the internet, I discovered an improved independent version of GoldenDict, which works wonderfully, Free Mdict, whose references can be found on Github, and which does the same power-shell work in order to manage dictionaries: https ://github.com/goldendict/goldendict/issues/1604, the file name is GoldenDict.v.1.7.2.lic_sig.kill.apk

The only fault of the PocketBook Inkpad Eo is that its interface does not currently support the French language. So I had to choose a language other than French, in this case, Italian for convenience. For the Librera interface, I was able to use the French language, but not for Moon+Reader which required the system language. I installed almost 60 dictionaries in mainly Stardict format, all of which GoldenDict supported.

So I said goodbye to my previous Inkpad Lite reader with 500 Megabytes of RAM (for 4 Gigabytes for the EO), for which I was previously obliged to tinker the searchable PDF book files, with K2pdfopt or Abbyy FineReader, with often failures or slowness and also many bugs, even with Koreader. Being a computer ignoramus, I don't think I'm going to venture into installing Koreader on this new Android Pocketbook Eo reader, the couple Free Mdict (improved version of GoldenDict) and Moon+Reader meeting my needs: to read large books in searchable PDF format, including language manuals, with finger search of dictionaries.
Note that the default reading application of the Pocketbook Inkpad Eo reads large PDF files from Archive.org extremely slowly, which makes the dictionaries offered, such as Google Translate, Abbyy Lingvo, Fora Dictionary or Reverso context unusable in practice .
Rémi Ozene is offline   Reply With Quote