Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-04-2024, 05:56 AM   #121
Diabola
Diabola began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Any screen protector would degrade the matt properties.

I've never had a tablet or phone screen scratched. Never used any screen protection other than a cover.

The pen only needs a very light touch and has a rounded tip. Shouldn't be a problem.
Hi,
It's my first tablet, being so protective and cautious, I had ordered a pair of screen protector (a very low price) and applied one. No bubbles, clear screen, the glass fits almost BUT yep, now little or none matt properties, no anti-reflection, less paper-like feel effects.

BTW finally I got the pen of this tablet. But the tip of the pen is not completely fixed, there's very little space on the sides... and also it's moving up and down a bit. I don't know if it is normal. It makes extra tapping sounds. (ps:There was a crush on the shipping package and also the pen protection accessory. I received the package hopping there's no problem.)
The tip of your pen completely fixed by sides and top? Any gap, moving?

There's also one more situation... I see a latency while using the pen. Is it because of the touch sensitivity of screen glass or something wrong with the pen? I don't know. Here's the video of this situation. (indoor, nxtvision, %40, Jnotes app) It's very obvious while drawing but not so clear while writing.

https://mega.nz/file/J5txSQKI#tjndpR...T3kFMsDH2DKdl8

Do you see any latency while using the pen?
Diabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 09:03 AM   #122
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Junk the protector. It totally spoils the point of it.

I have no latency at all even in Nebo (worth buying), or in totally inferior MS One Note, or in Xodo (free version), or Sketch Box Free (pressure varies width), or any app I tried and ditched.

The pen box has a spare tip and extractor under the pen packing. My pen tip is not loose. It moves only slightly when you press. It would need the metal extractor tool (in box) to remove tip.

Last edited by Quoth; 06-04-2024 at 09:07 AM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 10:25 PM   #123
JohnCheese
JohnCheese began at the beginning.

Device: NXTPAPER 11
Looks like the first nxtpaper 3 tablet came out. Nxtpaper 5g. Looks like it’s a carrier only tablet wish I could get it unlocked no good cases for it though
JohnCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 04:49 AM   #124
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCheese View Post
Looks like the first nxtpaper 3 tablet came out. Nxtpaper 5g. Looks like it’s a carrier only tablet wish I could get it unlocked no good cases for it though
It's a phone rather than tablet? I agree it's probably Nxtpaper 3.0. In Ireland a carrier has to unlock a phone for free after a year, even if not on contract (even PAYG/Pre-Pay). Locked and Carrier subsidised phones may even get banned soon as it's an added cost shared by all subscribers and anti-competitive to smaller phone makers. Benefits Apple and Samsung hugely. Who pays for the €12 Apple phone? It's not just the person taking the contract.
The 10, 11, 12 pro (older than 11?) 14 and 14 pro are the tablets. The 14 and 14 pro are Nxtpaper 3.0, but seem still unavailable in the West. The 11 is Nxtpaper 2.0. I'm not sure about the 10 (which has a 4G version) or 12 pro as whether they are 1.0 to 2.0

I think NxtPaper 40 is NxtPaper 1.0 phone.
Old 06-07-2024, 05:01 AM   #125
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabola View Post
@Quoth
Hi, first of all I appreciated your precious feedbacks about nxtpaper 11. I want to know if you've applied any screen protector to your device? I couldn't find neither its original TP protective film nor any screen protector brand fully compatible with this tablet! I'll have its original T-pen soon and probably will I use it with its active pen. I have no idea whether nxtpaper 11 has durable and scratch-resistant screen or not.
Obviously if you want a screen protector apply a mat one but then I recommend buying a better tablet as the original mat finish of the screen won't matter.

I got a hold of Nxtpaper 40 5G. It's useless for my purposes. The 5G is chocking. Although it can reach ~500Mbps download, 80Mbps upload, it's adding random delays. I've tried to use it for zoom conference, couldn't attend the session, it was freezing a few seconds after connecting. When talking over Whatsapp the sound turns into robotic voice with occasional interruptions. On Okla Speedtest app, the ping is reaching ~3000ms. On other phone I get ~1200Mbps downlolad, ~50Mbps upload, with ping ~200ms in the same location and everything works perfectly.

Now, sorry for the unrelated rant, it occurred to me to mention this to say that the surface of the screen is indeed very delicate. I carried the phone in the pocket I've been using to carry other phone for months without any problems, but the Nxtpaper screen was scratched. On the inside of the pocket is a button with no sharp edges. To a normal phone this does nothing, but on the matte finish I saw marks after just one day of use.

That said, I'm not worried about the tablet's screen. There's almost no chance that I could scratch it while using it, I've never scratched any phone and I don't carry it with me, but when I put it in my bag, I make sure I put it in a proper case.

Last edited by plusz; 06-07-2024 at 05:07 AM.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 05:13 AM   #126
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plusz View Post
I got a hold of Nxtpaper 40 5G. It's useless for my purposes. The 5G is chocking. Although it can reach ~500Mbps download, 80Mbps upload, it's adding random delays. I've tried to use it for zoom conference, couldn't attend the session, it was freezing a few seconds after connecting. When talking over Whatsapp the sound turns into robotic voice with occasional interruptions. On Okla Speedtest app, the ping is reaching ~3000ms. On other phone I get ~1200Mbps downlolad, ~50Mbps upload, with ping ~200ms in the same location and everything works perfectly.
Unless you tried often, it can be the network. TCL make the Nokia now and have always done the Alcatel phones. You really need a LOAD of tests at the same time to be sure if something is the Network or the phone on mobile. There is zero stability or assurance of a connection on mobile/cell. Capacity per mast sector is a handful of data connections.
Anyway nothing to do with the TCL Nxtpaper 11 as it has no mobile/cell modem.

Quote:
Now, sorry for the unrelated rant, it occurred to me to mention this to say that the surface of the screen is indeed very delicate. I carried the phone in the pocket I've been using to carry other phone for months without any problems, but the Nxtpaper screen was scratched. On the inside of the pocket is a button with no sharp edges. To a normal phone this does nothing, but on the matte finish I saw marks after just one day of use.
That's a Nxtpaper 1.0 screen on a phone, not the NxtPaper 11 screen (2.0), which will not fit in a pocket and has a cover.

I have two phones, an Alcatel (really TCL) on the desk for TFA and one I take out, an Oppo. The outdoors phone has the usual case with a flap. I can't imagine why you'd have matt surface phone without a cover flap in a pocket. Any ereader (most are plastic top surface to cheaply do matt finish) will scratch.

Anyway, that also is nothing to do with Tablets, or Nxtpaper 11. There is no charge for new threads!
Old 06-07-2024, 01:19 PM   #127
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Unless you tried often, it can be the network. TCL make the Nokia now and have always done the Alcatel phones. You really need a LOAD of tests at the same time to be sure if something is the Network or the phone on mobile. There is zero stability or assurance of a connection on mobile/cell. Capacity per mast sector is a handful of data connections.
Thanks "I know it all and always have a better rubbish answer", I did a lot of tests, within a good 5G signal range and outside of it because I some kind of wanted to have this phone. The Nxtpaper 40 5G modem is rubbish. For your information I tested it against a very cheap Samsung A52s.

that being said, I care no longer... :disappearing:
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 02:08 PM   #128
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Thanks "I know it all and always have a better rubbish answer", I did a lot of tests, within a good 5G signal range and outside of it because I some kind of wanted to have this phone. The Nxtpaper 40 5G modem is rubbish. For your information I tested it against a very cheap Samsung A52s.

that being said, I care no longer... :disappearing:
Start a thread somewhere and describe your tests. Even if the Nxtpaper 40 is total junk, it needs it's own thread. Nothing to do with the Nxtpaper 11 AND ARE NOTHING WHATSOEVER DO WITH this thread!

Do start new threads. They are free

EDIT:
This isn't even the right Internet site to discuss 5G compatibity issues or phone performance!

Last edited by Quoth; 06-07-2024 at 02:11 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM   #129
Mrosmosis
Mrosmosis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Scribe, Inkpalm
Hello, what I’m curious about is how much difference there is between a NXTPAPER to a regular tablet with a matte screen protector applied. For a short while I was using a matte protector on a Xiaomi Pad 6 which worked fairly well (but was overkill for my reading needs). If the NXTPAPER display is a significant improvement for reading I would switch. I don’t suppose anyone has used both for a comparison?

I’m also interested in the new models, the 14 especially, but I’m not holding my breath for a release to the European market. I’ve inquired with TCL about this and will feed back any info.
Mrosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #130
Mrosmosis

I’ve just learned there are also several new matte screen tablets released from the likes of Lenovo, Apple and Huawei.
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #131
Mrosmosis

As I can’t edit my previous posts I simply wanted to add it would be helpful to have a comparison of all these matte display tablets.

The TCL Nxtpaper 11 is the cheapest option (£150-£180 UK).

Huawei have a new Matepad 11.5S papermatte and a soon to be released 11.5S which is the same price as the Lenovo P12 matte (already mentioned earlier in the thread, which are both £450 as of today from manufacturers).

And the iPad Pro 13 M4 nano texture if you have a cool £2k to spend.