View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 03:14 AM   #130
Zoshka
Connoisseur
Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zoshka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & 4, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I checked it out and yes, it has 6 fonts in 12 sizes:
  • Baskerville
  • Caecilia
  • Georgia
  • Helvetica
  • Palatino
  • Publisher Font
For the record, my iPod stays at home in a speaker dock. It's used for audiobooks and internet radio (Pandora, TuneIn, etc); and that's about it. I find it too small and limiting to be used for anything else.
I got the new ipod touch, with the extra half-inch of screen space, and it finally makes it usable for me as an e-reader, especially for low-light situations when I'm out and about (before a movie starts, on a bus, etc.). The Kindle app has settings that fill up the screen space decently and that are legible, and the device feels nicer in the hand. Having a very usable camera makes it additionally valuable to me for taking with me wherever I go.

I was never happy with the pixel density for the first two ipads for reading, so I can't get myself to bite on the ipad mini, but then I know that my dreams of extended deep reading on it would be constantly broken by the need to check email, surf the web, or play games, as I do on my ipad 3.
Zoshka is offline   Reply With Quote