View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #6
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Ah - this solves a mystery I encountered a couple of months ago. I got an epub that rendered correctly in ADE, but looked like this in Calibre's viewer as well as my Sony T1 (which I understand is based on ADE).

I ended up just fixing these characters in Sigil (which also rendered those characters incorrectly). I would find a garbled character in Sigil, look at that page in ADE if I couldn't figure out from the context what it was supposed to be, and do a global replace in Sigil (across all html files) to change it to the equivalent html & code. These rendered correctly everywhere.

I think I found them all, but haven't read the book yet to be sure.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote