View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 03:15 AM   #7
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Sharing by email failure - SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)

When i attempt to send a book to my @free.kindle.com i get the following error:

Quote:
ERROR: Failed to email book: <b>Failed</b>: Email Robinson Crusoe to .......@free.kindle.com

Email Robinson Crusoe to .......@free.kindle.com

Sending failed...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 117, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\email.py", line 171, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 91, in sendmail
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\smtp.py", line 83, in sendmail_direct
IOError: Failed to send mail: SMTPServerDisconnected('Connection unexpectedly closed',)
I get exactly the same message when i try to send a book to my personal email address. "Allowed senders" on amazon kindle account are properly configured. this behaviour is reproducible

I have not filled in any SMPT information because when i try send a Test email (from preferences screen) to my personal email account everything is ok. So i assumed i don't need any configuring
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote