View Single Post
Old 01-20-2011, 01:29 AM   #44
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
...it's a survey that is designed to provide booksellers with helpful information about buying trends.

If you aren't buying books, these organizations have no particular reason to concern themselves with your behavior.
Perhaps my initial reaction would have been different if they had referred to their best customers as "avid spenders" rather than "avid readers".

Nevertheless, if I have spent the big bucks on an eBook reader yet I am not spending money on eBooks, it would seem to me that that is a behavior both publishers and booksellers ought to be interested in knowing about.

I think it is Dennis who has often pointed out that reading is not something that can be done in the background, and that the commodity of which there is a finite supply is time.

So if I am spending my limited time reading free eBooks after spending a lot of money on an eBook reader, the industry would probably want to know how much less money I am spending on books this year as opposed to the year before I bought my device (or in the alternative, if I am merely increasing my reading with free books while spending the same or more money on hardcopies).

Last edited by GA Russell; 01-20-2011 at 01:37 AM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote