View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #372
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
Well, I finally broke down and converted a new book to Epub instead of LRF using Calibre. I now understand people's frustration with Epub. First of all the page numbers are annoying. Using the M font size on my Sony 700 reader, I can have as many as 2 1/2 pages with the same page number. The small number on the right hand side of the screen is not distracting, although completely unnecessary. As for justification, I much prefer the full justification in the LRF format, even with big gaps between words. If I only had Epub as an output format, it would be fine; but for now, I'm sticking with LRF.
I really like that Amazon uses "locations" to mark places in a book so any location is always the same no matter the font size. I think Sony should implement a similar idea. "Page numbers" make no sense with ebooks.

So has it been reported yet when Sony will make the change to ePub? I may start buying my books from the Sony store if the price of a book is the same or lower than on Amazon.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote