View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #20
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Hate to break it to you, but the big international brand names aren't all that big on quality control, either, and are just as likely to claim your warranty doesn't cover whatever the problem is and demand you pay shipping both ways just so they can look at it or send you a "new" one (almost always "refurbished" - ie, second hand). The only real differences are that the big international brands are better advertised, that you generally don't have to wade through a ton of small import companies you've never heard of in order to get one, and that you'll pay more.
Well im sorry to hear that they treat you badly in your country my cannuck friend ,as whenever i have had a problems manufactures always sent me brand new goods as replacements for faulty goods here in ENGLAND.

In England we have a number of consumer laws that protect consumers rights,maybe your legal system lacks them ? i dont know Canadian laws as i only lived in MONTREAL for 2 months way bay in 2002 -cannuk girls where very friendly while i was over there as i met two hot-ties outside the 1976 Olympic games stadium that made me feel more than welcome in Montreal the first week i was there

Sale of Goods Act 1979
The Sales of Goods Act -- this act gives you a range of statutory rights when you buy something. So, for example, under this act any products that you might buy must be fit for purpose, of the right quality and as they were described to you before you made a purchase.

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations -- these consumer law regulations protect your rights if you buy something via the Internet or over the phone. They will, for example, set clear guidelines on what retailers must tell you about products, services, costs and delivery and they give you a seven day cancellation period.

My last device that failed was a CANON S5is digital camera and when i contacted Cannon they said they could not repair OR replace it as it was already out of production so they sent me the very latest model at the time for FREE and BRAND SPANKING NEW.

In hong kong and china you simply cant get that kind of service,and i should know as i have lived in hong kong over 3 years as well as spending plenty of time in Shenzhen(southern china) and Macau
Singapore's pretty good for returning goods and getting refunds or replacements while i lived there too

When it comes to cameras Canon's the top dog in service in my

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-09-2012 at 06:05 PM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote