View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #7
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
No old SIM here. Flight Mode shouldn't bother me, I keep WiFi off on my Galaxy Player unless I'm using or needing WiFi.

I did find one site that said I might not be able to upgrade the software if it didn't have a SIM card in, but I guess I could live with Android 2.3 OK. I also found a site that said some kind of internet access is needed to use the GPS. That surprised me, my Galaxy Player can do GPS without any connection, I use it to track outdoor walks. So I don't know if that will be possible with the Note, but I suppose I can keep the Player for that purpose if necessary.
You can upgrade the software without a sim card it just won't be over the air. You will need to do it manually.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote