View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #437
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter 1977 View Post
It would be nice to see a dictionary option added to this program as with the kindle touch there is less flexibility over selecting the dictionary and publishers are putting them under the wrong language. In the past with other kindle this did not matter. I have one here that i had to unpack, adjust and then it wouldnt repack due to utf-8 errors, its much easier to go in directly and adjust it.

It would also be nicer to see more lanagauge in the language list as this list is more important now too, I see spanish wasnt listed and had to set it as neutal and hope it used the correct dictionary. In addition to adding spanish maybe you could add a manual entry and provide a list of codes etc for this. I see there have been no updates for a long time, has a new program superseded this?
You can set the language by giving the actual number. So The GUI can be extended with new languages without changing the mobi2mobi program.
For example:

--language fi

and

--language 0x000b

should give the same result.

I actually do not know what a dictionary option is. Also as you have noted the UTF8 support is non-existant (it actually packs the file in the wrong way).
Calibre I think support utf8 for mobipocket generation. But this hould be irrelevant for mobi2mobi.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote