View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
You mean K2 can't be turned completely off? I would think that might be an airline issue!?
Opps.. I guess I am wrong. From the User Guide:

Quote:
If you are done reading, you can put your Kindle to sleep by sliding and
releasing the power button located at the top of your Kindle (you wake up Kindle the same way).
Sleeping your Kindle will extend battery life and also lock all of the keys and buttons so you
don't inadvertently press one while not using your Kindle. When your Kindle is asleep, you will
see an image on the screen. To turn off your Kindle completely, slide and hold the power switch
for four seconds, then release.

So, I am going to extrapolate from this info, if you turn the kindle "off" it will not use any power nor will it download via whispernet while it is off. That is assuming "off" means off.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote