View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #7
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_k View Post
Hi !

I got my kindle4 nt for christmas. It currently is on Firmware 4.0. I have not yet registered it with amazon.

I want to use the diagmode - root access to do a screensaver hack, so i wonder if that would still work once i register my kindle with amazon and they push a firmware update to the device ?

Is there a way to prevent firmware updates ? Should one do that ?
I presume a firmware update will remove the root-access right ?
Did you follow this thread (it's for Touch).
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote