Thread: Re: Smashwords
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:21 AM   #14
Luke King
Member Retired
Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luke King ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
I think the article is a little unfair. I haven't had any problems so far as getting books distributed to other sites. As for discounting, I'm not exactly sure what Kobo is doing. I have one book (under another name) distributed through Smashwords to Apple, Sony, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, and Diesel, but directly through Amazon.

I listed the book for $0.99, which is how it shows up everywhere. On Kobo, however, when I search for the book it comes up as $1.09 discounted to $0.99. And then when I click on the book, the book's page shows the discount as $0.99 discounted to $0.89. The book hasn't been reduced on Amazon or disabled.
Luke King is offline   Reply With Quote