View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #40
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by giosa View Post
Hi Simon,

My goal is to make PRS T1 show Georgian Unicode font correctly in book titles, bookmarks etc., now it shows ???????????. To achive this I've decided I need to substitute one of the systems/fonts/........ttf/otf (I'm not sure which one yet) with DejaVuSansCondensed.ttf

Please, correct my If I'm wrong.

I read there that mount -bind method to overwrite the system is not reliable method, the post said it need some apk to be installed to remount every time a device is restarted. That's why I've decided to go with modifying cramfs file for system fonts.
I've not looked at using mount -bind, so can't comment on how hard/easy/reliable that method is.

One question - the Deva Vu fonts aren't exactly small. Have you verified that there's enough room for a larger cramfs image on the T1 that includes that font?

Quote:
I figured out from previous post mmcblk2p5 is fonts cramfs image, correct me if I'm worng.

So I've copied that command above from previous post to transfer mmcblk2p5 (systems fonts folder in my understanding) to external microsd so as to transfer it later to PC modify it and flash it back. That's it.

And I'm stuck right at the start.
The info for the location of the cramfs image is right there on the T1. If you use the "mount" command (with adb, terminal, etc), you'll see:

/dev/block/mmcblk2p5 /ebook/fonts cramfs ro,relatime 0 0

Did you try using the correct paths in your dd command as I suggested in my previous post in this thread?

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote