View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #20
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Pretty funny.

I've been having this freeze problem since I purchased my Glowlight on March 29th, after my ST w/GL went bonkers.

When the local BN curtly said they couldn't do anything for me, and I'd have to contact BN tech (and couldn't seem to get me out of the store fast enough), we went across the street to Target and my wife bought me the new Glowlight for my birthday because I was drooling over it.

I have searched occasionally for an answer, but for the most part had found that pressing the power button for 10 sec, and then pressing it again for 5 sec restarted it. As has been mentioned, that reset it back to whenever it had powered off properly, but not critical, just irritating.

So I searched again and finally found this MobileRead thread buried about 15 items down under all the 2010 thru 2013 "nook freeze" items.

I seldom turn on my wifi, and when I do, I never close the nook down before turning wifi off, so I had never gotten the update which had been issued 2 days before we bought it, LOL. Turned out I had to turn on wifi, and then close the nook to the screensaver, and BOOM, download and update.

Thanks for having this thread here. MobileRead folks come thru again.

Bonus is that the "reopen book" icon in the upper left looks more like an open book, and side-loaded books actually have a title on them, now.

By the way, BN covered the ST w/GL under warranty, so I have a refurbished nook STR w/GL waiting for my son to decide he wants it instead of the STR w/o GL I had passed on to him.

Last edited by eGeezer; 07-23-2014 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Add "bonus" comment
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote