View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 10:58 PM   #47
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Tommy:

My friend Earl would like to speak to you about your little cabal....

As for emotificators, there really need be only one (just like immortals), and that is the simple ;-, or ;-) if you say something that would invoke a massive flame war if the recipient were truly to take offence. Otherwise, all other emotive behaviour can efficaciously be displayed thusly.

My wife was accepted to a residency at Harvard today. I am happy. OR one could simply add: Yay!

All these dancing yellow stinking smileys, and pole dancing widgets seem the very nadir of frippery. I, for one, am agin it.

*sigh* So now my quest includes not merely the destruction of the pulp mills, the churches of the cult of Papyrus, but also the decimation of the smiley factories. Some times an unspeakably evil god's work is never done.

;-
I have to agree I am kind of tired of the "yellow stinking smileys" also. Imagine if Dickens had access to emoticons. We might get something like this:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,
it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness,
it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity,

Of course some might like this new version of A Tale of Two Cities but I prefer the original.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote