View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #14
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazied View Post
That's one takeover that definitely makes sense. Amazon already have similr infrastructure to netflix - they send items very quickly through the postal service and have a lot of electronic resources (servers, data storage and so on). It would integrate well with existing services.

..and yes I totally forgot Amazon owns Audible hehe. I am suprised the audible brand isn't more prominent across the Amazon website. I love audio books!
Me too...though I now buy CD/DVD audiobooks on eBay rather than Audible then rip them to MP3's...Audible became just too expensive, especially after Amazon bought them and several titles I was wanting became multi-credit titles.

I have an old Creative Nomad Zen Jukebox and replaced the original 30gb drive with a 100gb drive so I have everything on there and then some! hehehehe....oddly I have no music as music has never been a big deal to me. Though I really like the Pandora channel on the Roku box...I setup an Alan Parson's Project channel and the other songs it drags in are all the sort of things I actually like...the kicker is it's free so I am happy, I don't need to buy a USB turntable then spend 100s of hours recording then converting and cleaning up the audio as it's either than or replacing all my vinyl with CD's for a small fortune.

As to the whole Netflix being bought by Amazon, I am on the fence completely because Netflix works and is reasonable. Also it is my complete replacement for cable and the whole reason was I did not want to keep spending $100/mo for cable. The difference means I can afford one added lab test a month, which is a must have thing. I could see Amazon changing something like NF to a far more expensive model for streaming...maybe or maybe not, who knows...

Still part of me would find the combo very, very interesting in creating a full color ebook reader/video player device. It would take a few years to get it right but that also gives something like EPD panel mfg's & controller folks time to improve the tech as well as other competing tech to emerge.

It's all coming no matter what the ostriches out there want to think...readers will evolve into multi-function Swiss-Army Knife type devices...me I am mostly in the more PDA-like camp over a video device, but sometimes ya just gotta change with the times I suppose.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote