View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
Open the File Manager app, go to home, then click the up button at the top. Look for ExtSdCard. If you see something called sdcard, that's the built in memory for the Tab, not the memory card you put in.

Because the Tab is Ice Cream Sandwich, you can't move apps to the external memory like on older versions of Android. They get installed to the built in memory and that's where they stay. The external memory card is good for putting files on to free up memory - things like movies or music or docs, etc.

To transfer things to the Tab, you can use the Kies from your computer or some over the air apps. I use Dropbox a lot to store and transfer files. Also and OTG (On-the-go) adapter is handy for transferring with a USB flash drive. It has the Samsung plug on one end and a USB on the other. I never use Kies anymore - just Dropbox (with wifi) or the OTG.

There's lots of OTG adapters out there - on Amazon or ebay, etc. The OEM Samsung one is pricey but you can find cheaper ones that work just as well. I bought some at Fry's if it's near you.

https://www.google.com/search?source...PmUSYkwc&pbx=1
I move apps to my sd card on my Galaxy Galaxy SII phone all the time and it's Ice Cream Sandwich... Just get the "app2sd" app from the Play Store and the app will allow you to identify which apps can safely be moved and then allow you to move them from within the app.
Also to move files, add a file manager app like "es file explorer" and you will be able to see them on the "sd" (which is the tablets memory) and move them to the extsd (which is your sd card you added). I don't use Kies at all, not with either of my Samsung devices...
Doesn't your tablet support mtp? When I connect my phone or Galaxy 10.1with the USB cable, they get detected on my Windows 7 pc and I can transfer files directly onto either one.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-05-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote