View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #138
echwel
Connoisseur
echwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavensechwel is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma (sold), Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Hah!! I thought 2.1.5 hadn't arrived in the Netherlands yet, as I was syncing over wifi multiple times a day (I'm so impatient) but hadn't got it yet. Syncing via Desktop instead, and here it comes!

So strange, that desktop would give it to me but wifi sync would not... Does Wifi only *really* check if it has something to sync?
At the last and succesfull try to update, I do not know what wifisync would have given me. I synced on the Desktop, because I wanted to copy the updatefiles to my computer, for probable future use, given the fact that the downloadable files from the Kobo-site might be harmful for my device.

After syncing, en before updating I copied the complete .Kobo map of the device to a map on my computer. I have read the location where the files are stored shortly after, or while downloading to the computer somewhere on MR, but I don't remember in what thread, so I chose this method, to still have a copy.
Just find out now wich files from this copy I need, and what files do not belong to the updatefiles and can be disposed.

If ever in the future an update wich I then wil have gotten doesn't suit me right, I have a way to downgrade to a version wich I like very much, so far.
echwel is offline   Reply With Quote