View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 04:55 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelC View Post
I see that Calibre allows me to attach tags which I like. Is there anything Sony software does that Calibre doesn't?

1) Required to register your reader.
2) Required to buy SONY books. I've had my reader for over a year and I've only bought two books from SONY. I get most of my books from FictionWise and BooksOnBoard.
3) Required if you plan to check out eBooks from the Public Libarary.
4) Catches LRF files on the reader so the load time is faster. This is a one time hit for each font setting (S/M/L). In the past the performance differences wasn't that much so I did not use the SONY connect software for almost a year. But after the Firmware release the differences are large.

You can go without the software but I recommend you install it and use it as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelC View Post
SAHM:
?? What's that if I may ask what is a SAHM.
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote