View Single Post
Old 10-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #49
bestlem
bestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enoughbestlem will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I
I uploaded a picture gallery where you can compare how Stanza and Marvin handle the display of the same EPUB test file. Stanza is currently more faithful in preserving the font and background colour properties specified in CSS. But in every other regard, "Marvin's formatting" is more faithful to the publisher's original CSS -- whereas Stanza modifies/disregards the publisher's CSS even without being prompted to do so by the user.
The last sentance I think explains why I prefer Stanza it "disregards the publisher's CSS". I want the book to be formatted so it is easy to read for me. This is the main reason I prefer HTML/markup to pdf as it is the renderer that choses how to format not the publisher who has no idea what I want. This still requires the publisher to produce reasonable formatting of paragraghs and dialogue etc.

Note we are mainly talking about fiction books here are textual non-fiction. There are non fiction books (and the odd fiction) book that requires differences in fonts and fixed formats but even the better rendering of e.g. Mathematics sghould make the number of books requiing this to decreas in the future.
bestlem is offline   Reply With Quote