View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #69
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrushT View Post
I think I need to remove a link too. I wondered if you knew anywhere where I could learn more commands in putty?

I take it rm is remove but what is -fr.

I found some basic commands here. http://www.kharmer.co.uk/tech-notes/...ands-for-putty

but would be interested in more.

Thanks
man rm
If you don't have Linux install with the documentation, try asking google the same man(ual) command.

The Kindle runs Busybox, and the versions of the standard commands provided by Busybox are simplified versions of what your google query will return.

In this case:
-f :: "Force" :: as in "I really mean more than one file"
-r :: "Recursive" :: as in "remove all contents before removing this directory".
When used together: -r -f or -fr or -rf

- - - -

That link you found is a really, really poor reference.
The very first description is wrong, and it gets worse down the page.

A better guide, get a LiveCD (or LiveDVD) of Linux -
Those run "memory resident" (it is very hard a harm anything - and if you do, just re-start) and nearly always have the documentation (info and man commands) installed.

Last edited by knc1; 06-25-2012 at 06:53 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote