View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 02:37 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
The graphics in my signature is automatically reduced to 133 pixels width x 100 pixels according to the properties that I see when I right click on it. Left clicking the picture takes you to a larger size version in my "Photos and Albums" section.

The quotes are, more often than not, picked to reflect my whimsical mood and avoid controversy. Of course it's impossible not to tick someone off now and then.

The overall intent, in my signature, is to brighten the day, and hopefully make others smile. And, occasionally (but not so often as to cause mental stress), to give people something to contemplate.

As I read the guidelines I can't decide if I've overstepped them or not. Asking for general comments from MR members would be of no use, as some of my friends like only the most innocuous signatures, while I've gotten notes and karma from many who enjoy the thumbnail pictures.

And the verdict from the greenies is . . . . . . ?
Your signature is using too much vertical space; the guidelines specify that its vertical size should be no more than 4 to 5 lines of normal-sized text. Perhaps you could downsize it to fit it within these measurements?

Thanks!

Last edited by HarryT; 02-08-2011 at 03:07 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote