View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #17952
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I'm currently making my way through The Exodus Towers by Jason Hough - the second book in his Dire Earth Cycle.

Rather enjoying it, much like I did the first book, somewhat to my surprise; it's really not necessarily the best literature out there but I occasionally seem to be just in the right mood for some rough and dirty aliens & zombies & lots of shooting action/adventure/mystery/scifi stuff.

I still have half of that left, but I'm already thinking that I might actually give the brand new Booker prize winner The Luminaries a go.

I've never consciously read a prize-winner before (i.e. read a book just because it's won some prize or another), and I'm not one for literary fiction these days so I usually stay well away from prize-winning books anyway, but this one came to my attention just before the winner was announced and I thought it sounded rather interesting, so I picked it up at Kobo with a coupon. Looks like a lot of book to read, so we shall see...
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote