Thread: Opus updating ?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #11
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I don't know how many cycles of firmware updating the opus can handle. Several thousands, or perhaps tens of thousands, I suppose. I still worry about it, so I'm keeping mine on Mobipocket for now.
I strongly suspect that this is less than this, hundreds times to a few thousand is more accurate... Anyway, changing the firmware to change between epub/mobi multiple times is a bad habbit. (each update will shorten the lifetime of your device..) (But you don't worry, if you already did it a lot of time, for example, one update per day) you still have (theoricaly) a 1 to 2 year of maltreatment for your device NAND ) (but the number is theorical, the nand may fail before that number..)

You should convert the file from one format to the other one, and stick to it, it would be better for the lifetime of your device..
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote