View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #25
marvin_2
marvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura aboutmarvin_2 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Excuse me for being a bit slow here but I wanted to clarify which "sort" you meant - Calibre has several of them
Indeed it does. I was hoping a plugin might help to keep an overview of the various options, and their current settings. For a start, it would help to have a plugin (the quick-prefence plugin?) manage the settings currently hosted in the "Tweaks" section (author_sort setting, title_series_sorting, possibly title_sort_articles).

Quote:
Did you mean the value of the tweak "sort_columns_at_startup"?
That would be a good candidate, series_index_auto_increment could be another.

Quote:
Allowing you to apply the value there (and possibly other sorts) in your library view after you have altered your sort columns manually?[...]
You mentioned the author sort by in the metadata dialogs. This is something I never touch. Could you explain your workflow and exactly which sorts you find yourself altering?
It appears that the Tweaks only affect new book records, the values for Author_sort and Title_sort need to be updated manually. Since there is a function in the Bulk-Metadata Editor, there may be a routine a plugin in call to automatically update these columns. If there isn't, the scope of updating metadata is probably beyond what a plugin should do - I fully agree with your view on this.
marvin_2 is offline   Reply With Quote