View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #28
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
OK I just got off this phone with Pandigital tech support. I just LOVE the fact that I can talk to someone about this here in the US.

THIS IS NOT A RECALL!

Tech support told me they are simply pulling the units off the shelf at the stores and their technicians are going in and installing the latest firmware and then placing them back up for sale. So if you already have one, or have one coming in the mail, its just a matter of putting the firmware on the device. There is no hardware recall. Again, I got the sense that they are super serious about supporting this device.
From a logistics standpoint this seems fishy, to say the least. Pandigital has no techs at Kohls. Kohls sales staff barely know their own names, much less how to install firmware. Therefore Pandigital will have to pay to ship the units back to them and then back to the stores. That is triple shipping costs for Pandigital! That will eat up there profits.

Also, why did they wait until the very day of release to do this? Are they attempting to dodge the advertised sale price? Or are they being run by BP's PR people. Either way it seems rather stupid. If they knew the firmware sucked they should have pulled them way back when and had them fixed in time for the debut day.

Also, their website gives instructions on how to install the firmware updates. People who buy an Android tablet will need to know how to do that anyway as Android is far from being a polished OS.

I really hope what they told you is true, but I'm extremely suspicious that there is more going on than we know about.