View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #174
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Just a note... My comments regarding iBooks are just speculation from my part. Nonetheless, it is an educated guess - iBooks has some rendering bugs that are typical of UIWebview (see the last text line in the attachment).

To be fair, Kindle for iOS doesn't do this. They must have built their own text rendering engine from scratch.

On the other hand, using UIWebView lets me offer a much wider selection of book formatting options.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ibooks.png
Views:	302
Size:	302.0 KB
ID:	97634