View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #21533
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Glad that it turned out well. REI has a great collection of hiking boots. If you are a member (one time fee of $15 and then buy a pack of gum once a year) you can return anything you buy from them for a full refund, even if it is used. Which gives you great freedom in trying new boots and the like.

They also sell head lamps, emergency blankets, water purifiiers, and all sorts of othe stuff silly people who care pester you about.
Without all the imput I've gotten from here, I'd be less brave....

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Good for you that you managed to come down alone, DG you're a hero.
Yes, and good hiking boots is a must. i wear them all the time when I go walking.
I am wary of heights myself.......
Far from hero. Just stubborn......and just enough sense to know when to back off....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I lost a close friend a few months ago, Lester was an avid extreme hiker. He was a tour guide for many hiking groups here on O`ahu, and a figure with the local hiking community.

Les fell off a mountain! He died doing what he loved, but he's still dead.

You be careful lady!
I'm sorry for your loss, Wodin. It can happen so easily even for experienced hikers. Yes, I'll be careful. Thank you..
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote