View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Having a representative of each of your three possibilities, I find I use my EZ Reader (same as BeBook) the most. In another thread I rated them on a scale from one to ten as EZ Reader {with OpenInkPot (OI) firmware} at 8.5, Kindle 1 at 7.25 & Cybook at 6.5. Of course we all have our individual preferences. The Kindle 1's are going for about $190 - $260 on Ebay now.

I imagine that I will use the Kindle for the first reading of pbooks I scan because I can "highlight" lines with it when I find OCR errors that need correction. For me that advantage of the Kindle helps it plus the dictionary support. The EZ Reader with OI allows me more control in formatting how the page looks on screen, e.g. not only font size (which both the Kindle and Cybook have) but also specific fonts, margins (top, bottom, left & right), line spacing (more flexible than Kindle & Cybook has none).

Now I read mostly Mobipocket formatted ebooks (sometimes RTF, HTML, or FB2) without DRM and almost never read PDFs. BTW OI is an open source, free firmware that currently works with the Hanlin V3 (also BeBook & EZ Reader). It is constantly being improved by the OI community developers.

I plan to pass my Cybook on to my daughter. I think it will fit her needs the best (since I get to choose what I want to keep). And maybe sell or pass the Sony to the OI guys.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote