View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 08:33 AM   #43
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indio777 View Post
Probably too late, but if you don't have them already would recommend some of the Barbara Hambly titles. They are a bit old (from the 80s?), but decent fantasy. I have all of them in paper and read them several times.

Darwath Trilogy might be best place to start.

Windrose Chronicles aren't bad either, nor the Sun Wolf and Starhawk books.

Oh, I think they are all good, if you can stand a bit of "romance" in your fantasy. Normally I don't care about that too much, but it's low key in her books.
Are you kidding? I need a good dose of romance in my novels. I guess that's the girl in me
Thanks for the suggestions- they reached me too late, unfortunately.
I did download the first in the Darwath trilogy as a sample, but then read about it being a bit dark and hopeless, so I decided against it. I can take a bit of darkness, and a tiny bit of cruelty if need be, but can't continue reading unless I see light at the end of the tunnel.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote